·Avalon· The Everdistant Utopia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'From the ashes of the old are born the legends of the new, and the fire shall have cleansed them so they shall be free of evil '

Time

3 posters

New Sig 8D

Reuku
    Reuku
    Developer
    Developer

Avalon Avatar
    Male Scorpio Monkey
    Humor : "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."

New Sig 8D Empty New Sig 8D

Post by Reuku Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:53 am

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
    New Sig 8D GintokiSig-2-1

click it for the full size :afro:
    WolfinGanger
    WolfinGanger
    Developer
    Developer

Avalon Member
    Male Gemini Horse

New Sig 8D Empty Re: New Sig 8D

Post by WolfinGanger Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:56 pm

Thats pretty good im impressed 8/10
    Hope you dont mind criticism but thats how i learned. i got alot of it when i first started >_<

First the cons:
    1. your glow effect around the circle seems to be cut off on the edges im going to guess you used a smaller size when doing a popout its best to use a large canvas then trim the canvas to the image when its done. its best not to limit your work area unless its a set shape like the banner. P.S. the forum cuts some of that off but i still see a little cut off in full size

2. Your render you didn't do that bad with cutting the bottom it can be hard to get it perfect you did a good job but its a little choppy sometimes blurring it a little or adding a little glow effect can fix that much better than you may think.

3. You did an impressive job with right side the rectangle with text. But the focus point of the sig seems rushed and sticks out like a sore thumb. im talking about the render popout. its not bad but its not blending with the other one perhaps if you didnt have the circle effect on top of the rectangle or you made the rectangle stick out a little more. it also seems to get cut off halfway up the rectangle perhaps if it went all the way up and you added an overlay blending option to the effect it would look much better.

4. i dont know if it was just the picture you used or its an added effect but you have a fence like effect in the right picture but no such effect in the circle background. which is one of the reasons it dosent seem to fit. if you didn't add the fence effect you could always cut a piece of the other background and paste it over your circle and overlay it blend it or what ever to add its some effects aswell

5. about the rectangle. its good its simple but its seems to just sit there maybe add a little shadow or a small glow effect around it

6. I believe this is the last con i have to talk about take a look at your rectangle area on the right side its dark but as your eyes move left the image gets lighter and lighter but when it gets to the circle it instantly gets dark with no transition of it im not saying its bad but it may help to lighten your circle up a little more. or have something that complements the right picture

Now for the pros
    im better at criticize but you cant talk about bad stuff without good stuff

1. first i got to talk about the text you did a great job with it you put them in the best spot aswell as used a good font. the symbols on each side of your name is a good effect. the shadow always helps but you didnt over do it you also blended the text so its in the perfect perception of view

2. the relationship of the text with the background is perfect you chose a great background to go with the saying you used

3. the render you used you put it in a good spot facing away from your text used the right size and everything

Over all its a pretty good sig now im not here to tell you to change everything i say dont change a thing its your sig and be proud of every sig you make. each sig you make you will learn something new and each sig will get better and better as you experiment more and more. I am only expressing my opinion if you think its good the way it is then im with you make them how ever you want

WolfinGanger, Over and Out
    Reuku
    Reuku
    Developer
    Developer

Avalon Avatar
    Male Scorpio Monkey
    Humor : &quot;The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching.&quot;

Post by Reuku Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:21 pm

ZOMG thank you D:
    I was waiting for someone to tell em what I did wrong.

I was just hearing from other people that it was good but u went into details :D

ty >.<
    WolfinGanger
    WolfinGanger
    Developer
    Developer

Avalon Member
    Male Gemini Horse

Post by WolfinGanger Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:28 am

Its hard to find a good critic now a days 8) by the way y the hell is my post blue :suspect:
    SiegStrife
    SiegStrife
    Administrator
    Administrator

Avalon Source
    Male Cancer Dog
    Humor : Hey....Would you say I became a hero?

Post by SiegStrife Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:31 am

I'm not good at criticising :!:
    Reuku
    Reuku
    Developer
    Developer

Avalon Avatar
    Male Scorpio Monkey
    Humor : &quot;The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching.&quot;

Post by Reuku Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:50 pm

its cause I thanked you o.o
    WolfinGanger
    WolfinGanger
    Developer
    Developer

Avalon Member
    Male Gemini Horse

Post by WolfinGanger Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:13 pm

ShinTega wrote:its cause I thanked you o.o