·Avalon· The Everdistant Utopia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'From the ashes of the old are born the legends of the new, and the fire shall have cleansed them so they shall be free of evil '

Time

+2
Pur4r4ng4r43
SnowBall
6 posters

Biggest Achievement or Biggest fail?

SnowBall
    SnowBall
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Avalon Member
    Male Sagittarius Dog
    Humor : dont have one

Biggest Achievement or Biggest fail? Empty Biggest Achievement or Biggest fail?

Post by SnowBall Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:00 am

ok guys this is how the story goes:

As, we all know alot and i mean ALOT, of ppl use limewire to get their music correct?, yes we all know it is illegal to DL music, from the internet, but the point is that alot of ppl use limewire. However, last time i checked if you download music for your PERSONAL, i repeat, PERSONAL use, (like just downloading it to listen to, as opposed to getting it then turning it into a CD and then selling it for profit), depending on the laws of your state, country, w/e it was Not illegal if i remember correctly. Sometime during october 2010 the RIAA won an "epic" and "ground-breaking" court battle against Limewire, and demanded that limewire be shutdown. now tons and tons of ppl are ticked off and raging all over this and i for one find it highly hilarious. the reason why i want to know your opinion my humble guild mates is because it took them 9 years to get this court order issued. Then again i ask the question i quote from a YT comment,

"What does this do?"
    " do they think that users are going to start buying and paying for their music!?"
    " One goes down 12 more appear"
    " ppl are not going to start paying for their music just because one source is down they will find others"

(and on the side note for anyone who reads this in the near future, I am not encouraging ppl to download music, im just saying IF they do they should only use it for their own Personal Use, because i know some people who just download the songs and then like a said burn them onto a CD them sell them for profit, which is W-R-O-N-G!

so.. do you guys think this is the Biggest achievement in history? or the biggest FAIL?

Last edited by SnowBall on Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Pur4r4ng4r43
    Pur4r4ng4r43
    Recruit
    Recruit

Avalon Member
    Male Leo Dog
    Humor : Sex Jokes

Biggest Achievement or Biggest fail? Empty Re: Biggest Achievement or Biggest fail?

Post by Pur4r4ng4r43 Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:54 am

Biggest Fail, because Limewire can just sell off their coding to another company who will just make another application for downloading free music.
    SnowBall
    SnowBall
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Avalon Member
    Male Sagittarius Dog

Biggest Achievement or Biggest fail? Empty Re: Biggest Achievement or Biggest fail?

Post by SnowBall Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:46 pm

Pur4r4ng4r43 wrote:Biggest Fail, because Limewire can just sell off their coding to another company who will just make another application for downloading free music.

Very true,
    SiegStrife
    SiegStrife
    Administrator
    Administrator

Avalon Source
    Male Cancer Dog
    Humor : Hey....Would you say I became a hero?

Post by SiegStrife Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:42 pm

I don't know, I haven't used Limewire since...3 years... I get all my songs from online sites shy
    WolfinGanger
    WolfinGanger
    Developer
    Developer

Avalon Member
    Male Gemini Horse

Post by WolfinGanger Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:12 am

havent used limewire in so long i just download them all you dont even need limewire anymore xD
    SnowBall
    SnowBall
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Avalon Member
    Male Sagittarius Dog

Post by SnowBall Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:16 am

i know right? all you do is type (song here).mp3 and you get a hell load of options! =)
    shanaluv
    shanaluv
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Avalon Avatar
    Male Cancer Monkey
    Humor : 絶対的な萌妹の至上の主義は超萌え! !

Post by shanaluv Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:43 am

meh i dont like limewire. craving explorer ftw
    Vanargrand
    Vanargrand
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Avalon Seal
    Male Gemini Rat
    Humor : Math For Douche Bags: "NU/^^\3ER B P|U$ I3++3R 1 = n00b3r C"

Post by Vanargrand Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:33 am

It's all about youtube converters people~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:48 am